| Course Duration:
|| 4 Years
| Total Semester:
|Total Number of Credit:
|| For knowing about admission discount details please contact to admission office, Mob: 01911781327, 01766348518. Taka
- Minimum GPA 2.50 in SSC and HSC or equivalent examinations. If any candidate obtain GPA 2.00 in any examination of SSC and HSC then he/she need GPA 6.00 in total both the examinations. Ward of Freedom Fighters need CGPA 5.00 in both or equivalent examinations. For English medium students, at least 5 subjects at O-level and at least 2 subjects at A-level. The English medium students must secure minimum B grade or GPA 4.00 in 4 subjects and minimum C grade or GPA 3.5 in the remaining 3 subjects.Candidate must have physics, chemistry, math in HSC exam.
- The completed Application Form must be submitted to the Admissions Office with the following documents:
- 1. Admission Form on payment of Tk. 500/-
- 2. Original with attested copies of all academic certificates/mark sheets.
- 3. 4 Copies recent photograph (passport size), Student’s NID/Birth certificate and Guardian’s NID photocopy attested.
Weaver and Scholarship:
- Course waiver allowed for Diploma Engineers for admission in B.Sc. Programs is subject to the condition that candidates have minimum CGPA of 3.00 or 1st class in waved course(s) from previously attended institutions. No waiver will be given on major course(s) and internship/ project work. Individual department may have some additional requirements.
- SEU provides hostel facilities to its students with home environment. There are eleven hostels adjacent to campus for female students. SEU ensures clean, spacious, safe and healthy environment for the students in the hostel.
- There are 11 Hostels in Southeast University. Address of hostel as follows:
- Hostel - 1: House # 77, Road # 07, Block-H, Flat: 4th floor North side, Banani, Dhaka. Sabana Sultana(Hostel-In-Charge)
- Hostel - 2 : House # 77, Road # 07, Block-H, Flat: 4th floor South side, Banani, Dhaka. Sabana Sultana(Hostel-In-Charge)
- Hostel – 3 : Road # 17A, House # 17/E, Block # E, 4th Floor, Banani, Dhaka-1213.
- Ms. Amena Khatun (Hostel-In-Charge)
- Hostel – 4 : House # 77, Road # 07, Block-H, Flat 3rd floor South side, Banani, Dhaka. Sabina Yasmin (Hostel-In-Charge)
- Hostel – 5 : House # 77, Road # 07, Block-H, Flat: 3rd floor North side, Banani, Dhaka. Nabina Biswas (Hostel-In-Charge)
- Hostel – 6 : NAM Flat , Road #02, House # 06, Nam Flat (1st Flr) , # 6A1,Block -X, Banani, Dhaka. Sharmin Akter Mili (Hostel-In-Charge)
- Hostel - 7: Road # 2A, House # 2 (1st Flr), Banani, Dhaka-1213. Sheheli Sultana Simul (Hostel-In-Charge)
- Hostel - 8: Road # 2A, House # 2 (2nd Flr), Banani, Dhaka-1213. Sheheli Sultana Simul (Hostel-In-Charge)
- Hostel - 9: Road # 7, House # 78 Block-H, Flat: A-4, Banani, Dhaka-1213. Rawnak Jahan (Hostel-In-Charge)
- Hostel - 10: Road # 7, House # 78 Block-H, Flat: B-3, Banani, Dhaka-1213. Rawnak Jahan (Hostel-In-Charge)
- Hostel - 11: Road # 7, House # 73 Block-H, Flat-602, Banani, Dhaka-1213. Sharmin Sultana Mitu (Hostel-In-Charge)
- Hostel Facilities:
- The University makes the best possible efforts to provide the finest services and facilities within the hostels. Following are the facilities offered in the hostels :
- Food (The hostel has its own Mess providing hygienic and nutritious vegetarian meals three times a day .Special menus are designed for special occasions & Holydays)
- Rooms with attached washroom, bed, table, chair and almirahs.
- In addition, the hostels also have Hostel-In-Charge who is there to solve the problems of students in context of family issues, studies, home sickness etc. These Hostel-In-Charges are regarded as best friends by the students who provide ready tips on how to tackle these everyday stressful situations.
- Safety and Security:
- The University ensures the safety and security of the students in the hostels through a dedicated team of security guard. There are security guards who take care that proper decorum is maintained in the campus and are there to assist the students in case of any emergency.
- Hostel Guidelines:
- Hostel facility will be offered on First Come First Serve basis
- Students must follow the daily arrival and departure timing at the Ladies Hostel of SEU. The daily exit and entry time respectively 7.00 AM and 7.00 PM .Students will not be allowed to exit and entry from the hostel after the mentioned time.
- No visitor’s guardians / parents are allowed to enter the Ladies Hostel without the permission of the concerned authority.
- Political activities are strictly prohibited in the Ladies hostel.
- A student is not allowed to spend night outside of the hostel without prior permission of the authority and she will be allowed to do so only on the request of her guardian.
- The university has contractual bus service for transportation of students to and from their homes in different parts of the city.
- Dr. Sohela Mustari the Director(Acting) of Institute of Research & Training. The objectives of Institute of Research & Training are:
- To develop, maintain, and sustain an overall knowledge of the university’s core research areas of interest and competence. Over a period time, these core areas should be expanded to include new areas reflecting the nature of growth of the university.
- Conduct regular periodic meetings with aspiring faculty members/researchers of all academic areas and maintain regular interaction with them to assist them in developing their own research programs.
- Supervise a reviewing committee entrusted with annually/semi annually reviewing research proposals submitted for funding from university fund allocated exclusively for research. This task will focus intensely on identifying worthwhile, knowledge enhancing projects which will most likely make a significant contribution in the specific area of interest.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen association of all well-recognized national academic association of repute and participate in all seminars, workshops, conferences sponsored by similar organizations. Nominate appropriate faculty members to participate in such seminars in order to increase the visibility of southeast university.
- Student Affairs is committed to facilitating the holistic development of students. Student Affairs advances students’ development and learning by encouraging them to embrace rigor, examination, and exploration in all aspects of their lives. We challenge students to take risks, engage in ethical and effective public service, and apply imagination, creativity, and leadership to advance their understanding of themselves and the world through engaging them in club activities.
- There are 15 clubs at Southeast University:
- - Cultural Club
- - Games & Sports Club
- - Debate Club
- - Social Services Club
- - Movie & Drama Club
- - Tourism & Photography Club
- - Nature & Environment Club
- - Model United Nations (MUN) Club
- - Language & Literature Club
- - Business Innovation Forum
- - Computer Club
- - Pharmacy Club
- - Textile Club
- - EEE Club
- - Moot Court Society
- Has lab facilities with digital equipment.
- Library of this University has 5000 books, 1000 subscribed national and international journals, 200 online journals. The library offer services of online books reservation, renewal, issuance etc. It has a well-furnished reading room which can be accommodated over 100 students at a time.
- In every day more than 500 visit and use the facilities of this library. There are journals area, photo copy corner, database search corner, newspaper display section and independence corner in this library. They welcome all types of suggestions from users regarding library.
Credit Transfer: Yes
- Students desiring to transfer their credits are expected to have at least a CGPA of 2.5 (Grade B) in all previous exams to be considered for admission to the Southeast University. Up to 50% of the total credit hours in the undergraduate program will be accepted. Students intending to transfer to SEU must provide supporting documents like official transcript, course out line, etc, for the course(s) to be considered for transfer. Individual department may have some additional requirements.
International Students Admission: Yes
- Individuals who are not citizens or permanent residents of Bangladesh are defined as international applicants. International applicants seeking admission into this university must meet the same academic standards as those required for Bangladeshi students. There are wide variations, however, among educational systems throughout the world that make an exact comparison of educational standards difficult. International applicants who cannot sit for admission test are selected on the basis of their prior academic results, English proficiency, probability of success in the chosen curriculum as evidenced by prior work in the academic area involved, and certification of adequate financial resources.
Admission Help Line: Mob: 01911781327, 01766348518